Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Luna Fest

Last night I went to Luna fest..alone like usual. the festival was organized by UI Women's Center and showed the 2009 collection of short films by women for women. the proceeds went to cancer research and the Women's Center.
Check out descriptions of the short films here.
The ones I liked were:
Big girl (so cute)
Sarah in the Dark (I have the same voice)
Grappling Girls (so inspirational)
Kaden (although the topic is controversial, his points about feeling in place in society are insightful)
My First crush (I like animation)

Unfortunately, i cannot find links to these movies for you to watch but if Luna Fest 2009 comes near you, check them out. I find independent films more real and personal than big budget corporate films. the artists also can have more freedom.

have a great day!

1 comment:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

well at least you go out and do things, alone or not. I tend to stay home if I have to go alone lately. I will go to a movie alone tho... but not really bars or very social things. I'm shY!!