Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Brrrrrr.....

Last week, the temperatures in the Boise area and mountains was between 5 and 20 degrees Fahrenheit.  Rivers were iced over, ski slopes were tilted ice skating rinks.  A tongue would have frozen to a wooden fence, it was that cold.  Todd and I needed to get out of town and we desired a soak in a natural hot spring.  So we drove a few hours to Kirkham hot springs, along highway 21.  This is a road side (highway) natural spring with a great pool and other small pools nearby.  We arrived by noon on a Friday and no one was there.  The pool was all ours.  Henry was with us so you can only imagine the relaxation that occurred.

While sitting in the hot water, Todd brings us some tough talk I made over the New Years holiday....jump in the cold water for an hour and half massage and a bottle of gin....I love gin.  Hum, ah, there was frazzle ice flowing down the SF Payette River while we were in the warm water.  I had to think about it.  Here was the result of my thoughts......and the result of Todd's need for perfection.....



Mmmmm, New Amsterdam Gin is pretty tasty.  Still have yet to redeem the massage.
When I grab my head near the end of the video, imagine the worst ice cream headache you can and double that.  I think I had a moment of blackness when my head went under the water.  Todd, not to be out done, also dipped in the river, but after I foolishly did it first.  Ahh, to feel alive!

PS. please pardon the bad music on the video. I am new at making these Youtube creations and have limitations with my video editing program.....

1 comment:

FSK said...

you crazy girl!!! brrrrrr.. p.s. did you get implants?

xoxox

miss you