Sunday, March 8, 2009

Energy pill

Friday night I went to a small performance of my neighbor's punk band. It was a 30 minute flash back that felt really good. The strange part was sitting. Practically everyone was sitting since it was in a coffee shop, the same one i am in now. These are young high school kids "watching" punk music. WTF! When I was in high school no kid was sitting watching, we were all jumping, thrashing, and sweating it all out. That is why we went, to let it out. One kid did have a musical convulsion and bumped the chair I was sitting in, he was apologetic and stopped convulsing. If only he knew what I truely thought of his bodily expression, if only more kids were convulsing to the electric guitar, pounding drums, and throbbing base.
So on this beautiful Sunday I am sitting in the dark coffee shop procrastinating. the following videos are meant to get you out of your seat and thrash. Although I was not at these exact shows, I did see these bands play in the late 80's and early 90's in the Chicago area.


The SoulSide show, ahh, the soulside and government issue show. i am sure I hve mentioned this before, but what a sweaty hot box of a show. I actually blacked out from the heat during Government Issue, damn.


Remember $5 shows? These guys rock and always sold out. Feel the energy that busts out!

No comments: