Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hidy ho its the St Joe!



This summer I went up to the St Joe River a few times. Each time the adventure grew from the last. The final trip (so far) resulted in rafting/fishing down two sections of the wonderful river. My companions were Henry!, Tim Caldwell, and Sue Bury.
The raft was a 12.5ft NRS with oar-frame. This set up was preferred since I was the only one with rafting experience, Tim's goal was to fish, and Sue's goal...lets just say she was wonderful help and great company to have.
Lots of cutthroat was caught by Tim on the first day. I fished one hole and caught a cutty. I may have fished more but there was always a rock to maneuver around just 20 feet ahead. The early August float was a bit late for smooth riding. Sleeper rocks everywhere. The weather was cloudy and gray.
The second day was lower in the watershed and had less cutthroat. But there was a rope swing and less sleeper rocks. This day the weather was warm and sunny.

No comments: