Friday, October 31, 2008

sunlight on a rainy day

School is not that bad. I guess my blog looks so depressing cause it is only when I am burned out or bummed that I actually write on it. When i am happy..like today...i rarely have time to sit!

I talked to an Environmental Science student advisor (different than my advisor) and when she saw what my course load was for this fall, her response was "no wonder you are stressed out!" So on that note, she recommended that I do not take as many courses in the next few semesters here. I figured that the number of credits the course has is equal to the amount of course work. Boy was I wrong. Here is my fall schedule:
ENVS 500 Seminar 1 credit
Fish 500 Seminar 1 credit
NR402 GIS 1 Credit
ENVS 502 DS:proposal writing 1 credit
WR 504 iNterdic study 3 credit
FOR462 Watershed.. 3 credit
TOTAL CREDITS 10, total classes 6!!!

Now here is the homework load:
ENVS andFISH 500: presentations in both so the pressure is on while I make the presentation
NR402 atleast 5 hours per week
ENVS 502: some weeks 3 hours, others over 10 hours/ week
WR 504: 2 hours week
For462: 2-3 hours a week.

In other words the classes with the less credits are the most work!!!
So next semester will be different and not so busy. Only 3 courses...3 credits each= 9 credits

1 comment:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

ok no go outside and PLAY!! ;o) at least you don't have $27 in your bank acct, that means NO cake baking for me tomorrow or boozing for a WEEK cuz i dont get paid till next friday